Giancarlo Malandra is a photographer based in Italy in a town called Giulianova. He started his career and work with photography professionally in 2005 and had already started to win national and international awards. In 2009 he won the UK's Urban Photographer Of The Year and had also participated in other competitions. His main point of buisness is working and taking images for weddings. But Malandra also does a lot of other side projects. One of the projects that I found interesting when doing my research was Malandra's project that was called 'La citta negata' which in english translates to 'The city denied: The project is about the division between the old town with it being enclosed in a nondescript recovery program, to the new suburbs growing out of proportion. In addition to this it emphasises the concept of the town losing its artistic heritage and the citizens involved and how they are effected by this.
I've looked at a few images from this particular project that I find exceptionally inspiring. I feel that you can really see the culture within these images of the town and how it effects them in day to day life. It also shows that to them this is their norm and it starts to reflect how money is being used and dispensed into different towns and city's. The idea of the project and the concepts that are portrayed within, are extremely intriguging and by using ideas on how some parts of citites are being abandoned from the fluex and life of the rest of the city. Tallinna Tanavatel, in english is 'On The Streets Of Tallin. Within this project Malandra has concentrated on the parts of citites that are less used than the other parts. So through his photography you see a lot of deserted roads and buildings. I like how this is done and I feel that this project too emphasises the difference in society and the adandencey of some parts of citites. I feel that these images all have something quite eery about them which adds to the artistic feel and the simplicity of the images.

