Joan Miro


Joan Miro was born in 1893 and was a Spanish Catalan artist. His work mostly consited of sculptures, paintings, because of his parents he was able to show interest within the arts from a very young age. 

The paintings I've found most inspiring are one that I feel have a darker tone within the piece of artwork. I like the use of a darker shading and black lines, I feel by using this it creates the artwork to have more depth within them. I also particually like the sculpture I picked out because of the simplicity of it. The sculpture almost feels like it has this abandoned feel to it and lonely. It reminds me of when you get that ball of dust in a middle of a desert that just floats by that no one ever sees. The composition of the sculpture helps me understand how I can create a new feeling within my own work and try to achieve a sense of desperate darkerness and abandonment.